OUR WASTE MANAGEMENT PROGRAM REVIEWS OUTPUT FROM THE PRODUCTION PROCESSES EACH DAY
TO MONITOR SUSTAINABILITY INITIATIVES.
As a condition of renewal, annual permits issued by the state of CT require continuous improvement with regard to reducing harmful emissions. To that end, we monitor our facility’s emissions and prepare a weekly report of Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) evaporation as a way to track our progress.
- We use environmentally friendly, soy-based inks and UV-based inks in order to lessen toxic emissions.
- We encourage the practice of “ganging” jobs together so that waste at all levels can be reduced.
- Our purchasing department orders just enough supplies for the job at hand, thus avoiding unnecessary waste.
- Our advanced color process make-ready system allows the color to be adjusted in a way that minimizes waste.
- Our facilities do not use highly breakable wood pallets that are considered to be “disposable.” Instead, we incorporate durable pallets with years of useful life.
- Screens are washed inside a closed system, which significantly reduces water usage.